I created this plan because I wanted to help brides who just got engaged and I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!… and for those if your wedding is for 2018. From doing so many weddings for all occasions, budgets, and uniqueness I was asked great questions, concerns shared, and the right steps for all your beauty needs that give you peace, joy, and relaxation with many great memories to cherish.
I get asked often what photographers I recommend that service throughout the Coachella Valley and are available to travel with me, best tips for hair and makeup, cost all together, and fun things to do. This plan would be great for any timeline after the wedding date has been selected.
4-6 months out: Pre-book all appointments:
- RSVP your favorites ahead of other brides especially during seasonal peak times that will be much more difficult to book.
- Be prepared for deposit requirements from all vendors.
- A perfect time to book your engagement session and/or a surprise boudoir gift for him.
- A perfect opportunity to get an experience from your chosen photographer, makeup artist, hair stylist, and event planner.
3-2 months out: Style consultations:
- For your in-salon services bring digital or prints of your inspirations and color theme. As well as for makeup if those services can be done together.
- Discuss with your colorist what color, cut, and styling is desired to get a strategy plan together. Hair and makeup trial appointments are best to be done with deposits finalized, contracts in place to relieve stress in planning towards the big day.
- take into consideration the timing of your trial services and the day of your wedding.
1 month out: Details in place:
- Begin a manicure/pedicure regimen to learn your favorite nail professional, if you don’t already have one, to avoid undesired, damaged nails.
- Begin an eyebrow waxing/threading/tweezing service booked 2 weeks apart if not closer, depending how fast your brows grow, to prevent unpleasant brow surprises.
- Your microdermabrasion session at this time provides enough time for cell turnover, recovery, and skin care regimen to be consistent.
- any skin services done within a month closer to date of wedding may impact the finished makeup look. Skin recovery is subjective to every individuals lifestyle and results differ. I am not liable for any dissatisfaction.
1-2 weeks out: Relax and cheers to you!
- Hair color at this time holds a beautiful tone and ends feel soft, bouncy, and it’s picture perfect.
- Facials are perfect at this time for vibrant-clear skin.
- Take time to get everyone of your bridal party together to get beautified before the big day.
- Receive the agenda from Marlene for the day of.
- location, parking arrangements, and beauty service set up area, with 15-30 minute itinerary provided.
- A.M. Wedding Day: Eat your breakfast!
- Stay hydrated, carry snacks, and make time to eat. Have someone with you for accountability if you need it. You risk getting light headed, sweaty, and bloat faster by avoiding food and hydration.
- Hair 100% dry. Washed over 24 hours. Natural oils help keep the hair in place.
- Enjoy the day with your bridal team and the memories to cherish for a generation to rejoice from.
List of vendors I recommend COMING SOON!